Job Role: IT Support Officer
Closing Date: 21 March 2019
Would you like to work for an organisation which operates to internationally recognised and certified standards and practices for ethical compliance, quality, health, safety, security and environmental management alongside inspirational people who are dedicated to being the best they can? Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic IT Support Officer to join our dynamic team based in Malta.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults – replacing parts as required.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Servicing laptops + mobile phones.
- Setting new offices (IT related), wall point termination, setting port replicator, monitor etc.
- Server backups and replication.
- Monitoring internet connectivity.
- Monitoring up-time of CCTV and access control system.
- Occasional support of onsite clients.
Who Are You:
- One year experience, in a similar technical, hands-on role.
Basic Understanding in the following areas:
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 :
- Active directory skills / group policy etc
- Hyper-V virtualisation
- Office365 applications
- Experience in the following areas will be considered an asset:
- Databases and SQL server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 :
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Eager to learn, pick up new technologies easily.
- Dedicated to the use of IT and improvement of processes within the department and company.
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays.
Those interested are to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a person who could upload products into our new e-commerce website. Job would consist of:
- Product description, sizes, specifications, colours etc…. (such info would either be provided by us and/or obtained from supplier’s catalogue/website)
- Set certain settings in website to obtain best results with regards to listings through SEO’s, meta descriptions etc…
- Integrate product card on e-commerce with our Shireburn Inventory Software (our e-commerce website is built with WP (WordPress).
Besides having the required knowledge, the intern would need to have a good eye to detail, design and layout. For more information please send an email to: email@example.com
Computime Technology are a member of the Computime Group and an established and respected provider of IT security, infrastructure and managed hybrid cloud solutions to several companies in Malta and overseas.
Working in close partnership with world-leading technology providers, we have been awarded the highest level of accreditation from global giants like HPE, Microsoft, Cisco, Check Point, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Vasco and Forcepoint.
As an IT Support Officer, your duties will include: configuration of Windows applications, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software systems, backups, server maintenance and general desktop support.
The ideal person should have:
- An IT Qualification
- Minimum of one-year experience in IT support
- Basic understanding of WLAN technology and network systems
- Basic understanding of virtualisation and victual infrastructure principles (VMware and Hyper-V)
- Basic understanding of IP addressing and TCP/IP Networking
- Basic understanding of Microsoft products including Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows OS, Exchange Servicer and Office Applications.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- High attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency
Candidates with basic knowledge covering up to Cisco CCNA and/or Microsoft certifications will be given preference.
Job applicants will be invited to sit for an online technical test as part of the selection process.
FOr more information visit: https://careers.computime.com.mt/jobs/19122/it-support-officer
Reporting to the IT Operations Team Leader, the selected candidate will form part of the IT Operations team and will build and automate the monitoring and controls of the Banks processes and services, whilst managing the release cycle on both test and production environments. The selected candidate will be required to work on a shift basis.
Duties and responsibilities
- Optimising, controlling and automating IT Operations using the appropriate system tools, including schedulers and scripts
- Developing and maintaining procedures for operating, maintaining access rights, tracing changes, maintaining release notes, installations and moves to test and production environments
- Assisting the DevOps team in managing and executing the release cycle
- Participating in maintenance of regular test Backup Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan whilst assisting in monitoring the service level for IT Operations
- Preparing moves to production after having all necessary sign offs from asset owners together with the Application Owners and Release Manager
- Troubleshooting and rectifying second level issues directly and escalating third level issues to the right experts, including Application Development, Technical Infrastructure, Architect and Data-model or external vendors, and following up issue resolution and documentation
- Providing technical assistance as and when required and maintaining and executing daily tasks on test and production environment
- Assisting and drive the day to day running of the Banking Systems and supervising IT Operations processes covering day and night shifts
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Advanced diploma in ICT or a higher qualification, or equivalent technical knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, troubleshooting, user and system support and maintenance of multi-user applications (both back end and front end)
- Knowledge scripting languages (such as Shell, PowerShell, and Perl), Unix or Linux OS, and databases (such as Microsoft SQL or Oracle will be considered an asset
For more information: https://www.medirect.com.mt/about-us/careers/career-details/req48