We're looking for bright sparks.
We're seeking a vibrant and energetic individual who is looking to boost his/her career within our GO's Business Team.
As one of our ICT Support Executives, you will be managing our enterprise customers and their networks, from the design phase to after-sales support and service level agreements. Excellent trouble-shooting skills, a passion for technology and the ability to create and maintain strong business relationships will help you be successful in this role.
Does this sound interesting to you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- At least 1 year experience in a customer facing environment within a Telecommunication or IT environment, especially focusing on Network/System Administration;
Working experience with configuration and troubleshooting on IP and Internet related technologies, such as:
- ATM switching and routing
- Metro Ethernet services
- ADSL technology
- IP security
- ISP aggregation
- ISP services such as email, dns, web services
- Windows/Linux Administration;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Be self-driven, results-oriented, with excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written (Maltese and English); and
- A valid Class B driving license and the ability to drive.
Here’s how you can hit a few plus points for this position:
- Experience in a development environment and/or Java and/or XML WEB Services;
- Proficiency in IP networking technologies; and
- Possession of a Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent.
If this describes you then this is a glimpse of what you will be doing:
- Dealing directly with customer requests related with the department;
- Liaising with the Business Sales team to understand customer networking applications and requirements;
- Assisting sales initiatives for the business including but not limited to pre-sales consultancy;
- Issuing bill of materials for works as required by clients/bids/tenders;
- Designing and implementing support, troubleshooting, performance-tuning of converged Legacy and IP networking and Telephony solutions based on Cisco and Alcatel Lucent Office and Enterprise amongst others;
- Designing, implementing and supporting complex Alcatel and other Legacy and/or IP based PABX systems including Office, Enterprise, IP, Call Centre, CTI and Unified communications;
- Designing, implementing and supporting networking solutions based on state-of-the-art technologies, such as VPN, high-availability IP setups, Intrusion Detection Systems, security, VOIP, Gigabit Ethernet and ATM technologies and WIFI systems;
- Specific areas of accountability include operational support, preventive maintenance, security, capacity planning, traffic engineering, systems documentation, incident response, performance analysis & pre-sales activities;
- Acting as the liaison between the company and certified vendors to research and recommend enhanced technology and experience solutions;
- Maintaining active vendor certifications;
- Developing processes and standards to govern the engineering and implementation of these IP networking services;
- Preparing system specifications to support upgrades to the system(s), ensure proper integration including the preparation of a lab setup/demo to client;
- Developing appropriate test and operating procedures for quality assurance of the delivered IP and Broadband Services;
- Coordinating between different departments/divisions to provide best level of service to our clients;
- Coordinating upgrade and installation schedules with clients and the internal sales team and act as project lead with regard to costs, design, implementation, training and post implementation support; and
- Staying abreast with new technologies within the industry, and evaluate the applicability of those technologies within the client environment.
For more information visit: https://www.go.com.mt/careers#!/jobs/19923/it-support-executive