We are recruiting
The Bank is seeking to recruit a Junior Software Developer to join the Information Technology Unit. If you are interested to join the Bank’s team and satisfy the requirements outlined hereunder, then we are interested in you.
Who we are
We are a leading financial institution and a key player in the Maltese market. Employing a team of more than 180, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers.
The key responsibilities are:
- Develop software solutions using the latest IT technologies to meet business requirements through team and individual effort.
- Participate in the gathering and analysis of new system requirements.
- Participate in the design, architecture, implementation and initial testing of the software solutions.
- Provide full documentation in terms of both technical and user documentation as part of the final software solution.
- Adapt to new technologies as required from time-to-time to meet project objectives and goals keeping abreast with new software development technologies and principles.
- Liaise with other teams within IT for the implementation of software solutions, in particular with the IT Core Systems team for any database related issues.
- Take a leading role in the support function for internally developed systems.
- General IT Helpdesk for all systems including hardware & software as needed.
- Support and monitoring of the bank’s EOD process.
Competences and experiences
The potential candidate should also have a positive attitude, be well-organised, with a disposition to learn and a meticulous and team oriented approach to work.
You must also:
- Have an MCAST Higher National Diploma, related to software development.
- Possess strong software development skills using Microsoft .NET environment, supported by Microsoft certifications such as; MCSD: Web Apps and MCSA SQL Server.
- Ideally have a minimum of one year experience working with database design, database development and web development.
- Be flexible and willing to learn banking processes and systems.
- Be self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative with a results driven approach to work
- Be attentive to detail
- Demonstrate team playing skills
- Have strong communication skills
- Have the ability to multitask
If you want to be part of our team, we invite you to send us a detailed CV highlighting your achievements. Applications should reach the Bank by 29th July 2016 only by email on email@example.com